You don’t have to order sushi from expensive restaurants all the time, you can make it for yourself at home. It won’t be easy, but it’s definitely worth it!
If you decide to make sushi at home, be very calm and patient and watch at least 2 different videos on the Internet about the making process. The rice, if you’re making it right, will be very sticky. It’s important to have a water pot next to you so you can make your hands wet! Be careful, the nori doesnt’t like water! Your knife should be very sharp! Good luck in making your maki sushis!
25 dkg short grain rice
3 dl water
3 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoon sugar
1 spoon salt
1 pack of Nori
1 bamboo roll
1 red pepper
10 dkg raw tuna
10 dkg raw salmon
wasabi powder or paste
marinated pink ginger
1. Wash the rice with cold water until the turbidity of the water is gone. It takes about 8-10 water exchange. Put the rice into a pot and pour enough water to cover it all then cover the pod and boil it over on slow fire.
2. After it boiled, take the pod off the fire and let it rest for 15 minutes. Mix the rice vinegar with salt and sugar in a bowl and add the rice vinegar to the hot rice. Only a quarter for first, then mix it. Repeat it until you’re out of vinegar. Put aside and cool it down!
3. Cut the cucumber lenghtwise into eight pieces. Cut its ovary out and make a long straight line exactly the size of the nori. Make the pepper the same way.
4. Before using the fish, put it in the freezer for 24 hours so the prasites inside them die. Get the aristas out of the fish and cut it into the thickness of your little finger, of course, without the skin! If the wasabi is powder mix it with a little water and make it into a plastic-like mass.
5. Put a half arc nori to the bamboo roll. Kepp your hands wet and put 2-3 tablespoon sushi rice to the middle of the nori and spread it evenly, but leave approximately 1-1,5 centimetres at the top and at the bottom of the nori. (it’s necessary for the rolling process)
6. Put the vegetables and/or meat to the rice in longitudinal direction (you can also add wasabi if you like it). After that, start to roll the nori with the help of the bamboo and pay attention to the rice to be tightly closed at both sides.
7. While carefully rolling, squeeze the roll a bit so that the role in making won’t fall into pieces, but be careful to not pusht it way too hard. After rolling it, remove the bamboo.
8. With a wet and very sharp knife, start to slice the sushi rolls to equal slices. Be careful to slice it straight so it won’t collapse.
Enjoy your meal!